Procedure for completing a residential property survey
- Pinch Surveying receives a signed contract from the client.
- Our staff visits the appropriate Town/City hall to start the research.
- Reviews all of the data found in the Town/City hall and marks on a map the
location of all referenced markers found.
- Field crew visits the site to search for existing monumentation.
- Field crew will then locate, using surveying instruments, all of the existing monumentation.
- The office manager will enter all of the field data into our computers which will give each point a coordinate.
- The office manager will now use the existing coordinates with the research data to determine the proper location of your property corners.
- Field crew will return and set new iron rebars on each of the property corners.
- Invoice is sent to client.
General information on the profession of land surveying
If I want to sell a portion of my property to my neighbor, can I just give him a deed to file?
No, any land transfer that does not create a new lot requires an administrative subdivision.